Thursday, May 10, 2012

Raquel

I do love to shoot families and kids.  I get the most contacts to do family shoots and toddler shoots.  But I really, really love to do couples and teenage shoots.  I don't think people realize how hard it really is to shoot kids and get decent shots, so when I have someone that can do exactly what I say and stand where I want them to, I can be really creative and it is much more effortless.

I have wanted to do a photo shoot in this natural location since I moved here, but I knew I would never be able to describe to clients how to get here since you have to walk through the woods to get to it.  Since I was doing a shoot for just one adorable (almost) 12 year old girl, I decided just to pick her up and she could venture through the woods with me.  We had the BEST time.  She was so carefree and fun and a complete natural in front of the camera.  I rarely get to do shoots with the evening light, because I have my own kids to put to bed and usually families want to avoid that "cranky time" for their kids.  It was a treat to shoot in my favorite light with the sweetest 12 year old I know.

When I go through and edit pictures I give the shots that are my very favorites 5 stars that will go on the blog, usually about 5-10 images.  Um, Miss Raquel must have rocked this shoot because I had 48 5 star images!!!!  This is definitely on my list of top 10 favorite shoots.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

About Me

My photo
My husband Alex and I were both born and raised in Wilmington, NC, and have been living in South Florida the last two years while he is in dental school. I love staying at home to raise my baby boy Greyson. I recently decided to make my photography passion more than just a hobby. E-mail me to book a session at heidimcleod83@yahoo.com